Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving.....Liver?

Wow what can I say? Thanksgiving in Puerto Rico was quite the adventure!! Well I guess I should start from the beginning.

So last Tuesday we had a tri(that means 3)zone conference with the area President of the area, Elder Gonzalez. It was so fun to be able to see some of my friends and past companions that are serving in the Toa Baja and San Juan zones. We were taught about following the example of Christ and teaching people as individuals, but still testifying of the Restoration of the gospel. After the zone conference we had a couple hours until all of the STLs and zone leaders were to meet and the mission home to have another meeting with Elder Gonzalez, so we decided to go on splits with the sisters in Trujillo Alto. It was great! It rained the entire time and we looked slightly homeless by the end, but I enjoyed my contacting experience with Hna Garcia!

I just thought it was really cool that I was able to be in two meeting with a general authority! It was something that I will never forget and I learned so much that I wish I could have known at the beginning of my mission!!


Ok so Thanksgiving. Here it is really common for people to eat a Thanksgiving lunch instead of a Thanksgiving dinner. Well we ate thanksgiving lunch at the house of a cute little less-active members house and then later that night we decided to go visit one our investigators where we were then fed thanksgiving dinner. Hahaha ok so for dinner our 'gator' was explaining all of the typical Puerto Rican food that she had prepared and she mentioned a dish that I had no idea what it was. Well me being the curious person I am, decided to try it. Have you ever heard that curiosity killed the cat? So yes we pray and start to eat and I realized that what I had served myself was LIVER. Yes, you read that right. I had given myself a good helping of Liver. Well our investigator sits across the table from me and tells me that she hopes that I love it and that she is known for her liver-dish.....friends, I had to give all of my effort to eat all of it!!! The rest of the food was delicious but I will never forget my Thanksgiving '"Liver" in PR!!

I hope you all had a great Turkey day and that you stay warm!!!

Les amo mucho!!

Hna Larsen





No comments:

Post a Comment