Monday, January 23, 2017

I Can do Awkward Things

I can do awkward things. I feel like that has been the theme of my entire mission! I think I'm just an awkward person in general and so I find social situation uncomfortable. However, this week seemed to take it to another level. 

So to start out, our investigator didn't get baptized this weekend.  So we went to go see  her on Wednesday and everything was fine but that night we got a call from here saying that she didn't want to get baptized. We were of course sad but then she told us her reasoning and it was a little uncomfortable. She didn't want to get baptized because  a Bruja (Witch) put a curse on her with Black Magic and the curse won't be broken until she's older.  This is really weighing heavily on her. We tried to explain to her that God is more powerful than any "witch" or the powers of Satan but she wouldn't listen to us. We finally decided to give her some space but we told her to pray about it. 

We invited her to church on Sunday and after the services she told us that she had received an answer and that she wants to be baptized on the the 28th!! I made her pinky promise me that she was sure about this decision and only God is more powerful than a pinky promise, right? We're really excited that she was able to make this decision and overcome the powers of her "curse".

This weekend we had intercambios with the sisters in Aguas Buenas and I was able to stay here in Guayama and work with Hna. Guevara who is one of the cutest people I've ever met. I think I learned more from her than she did from Me!

On Saturday we had the baptism of Luis and he looked so cute in his gigantic  baptism suit! His mom was also reactivated this weekend and I'm so thankful that I was able to help them return to the gospel and make some steps in the right direction!


Well I hope you all have a great week and always remember that you too can do awkward things!!

Luis' Baptism


Luis's Baptism


Luis' Baptism


Hna. Guevara


Intercambios with the sisters in Aguas Buenas

No comments:

Post a Comment