Monday, April 3, 2017

Conference Weekend!

This conference weekend was especially meaningful to me. It was my last one!! Can you believe that? I felt like every speaker was speaking directly to me and something in each talk touched my heart. One of my favorite talks was from Elder Rasband who spoke on understanding the language of the Spirit and acting upon the first promptings that we receive. During my mission I feel like I have learned two new languages, Spanish (of course) and the language of the Gospel or the Holy Ghost. I think understanding how the Spirit speaks to you and acting upon those prompting is the most valuable skills that we can obtain is this life, it is truly blessing my life!

A cool experience that happened this week:
My companion and I were contacting on an especially hot day. We both were soooo thirsty but had long run out of water. We decided that we would just ask the next person we contacted to give us water, but of course know one would open the door to us. Hna. Josie reminded me of something that she had heard from one of my old companions from my first area. She had heard that whenever I was hungry or thirsty  while I was out working I would pray specifically to be fed dinner or be given a glass of water and within minutes someone would offer me exactly what I had prayed for. I had completely forgotten about those moments from the beginning of my mission but I decided to pray that someone would give us two cold bottles of water. Well lo and behold, at the next house that we yelled at (they don't knock on doors here) a little old man came out and in English asked if we needed anything. We asked if we could have some water and when he came out of the house he had two cold bottles of water!! I know that Heavenly Father really loves me and he really does hear my prayers!

Well I hope you guys have a great week and that you enjoy you Monday!

Les Quiero!

Hna Larsen

Here's some pictures of my conference weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment