Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 15, 2016

This week I have been reading Alma 26 in the Book of Mormon. I feel like I have a lot to learn from Ammon and his hardships. When he and his brothers first declared that they were going to go serve the Lamanites, people laughed at them. They told them that they were crazy and basically that it wouldn't be a baptizing mission. After they started their missions they suffered so many hardships and trials and thought about giving up and coming home. In this moment they turned to the Lord. He promised that if they would just endure and hold on, he would bless their efforts. 

Ammon and his brothers said that they would be content if they just converted a few souls. They continued to work, they didn't give up, and they relied on the Lord. They were able to convert thousands to the gospel and received the promise that the Lord had given them. 

My favorite scripture is in verse 12 when Ammon says:

"Yea, I know that I am nothing: as to  my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many might miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever". 

I love his humility and I love this chapter, it has helped me a lot this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment