Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Ants go Marching One by One...

Well ok so this week there was a disaster!! On Tuesday night I had a nightmare that there were ants in my bed. I woke up and made sure that my bed was ant free, and then went back to sleep. Well Wednesday night I was telling my companion about my nightmare as we were getting ready for bed when I noticed there was one little ant on my bed. I laughed about how ironic it was but then I saw another, and then another , and then another. So at this point I saw like 4-5 on my bed and I was freaking out. I pull back the covers and my bed is INFESTED with ants....like infested infested!! I was hysterical!! My comp and I pulled off all of the sheets from my mattress and threw everything into the washer. As we were doing so we quickly found that they were the ants that bite and leave huge welts. I sprayed every inch of my mattress and the circumference of our room with ant spray and my companion taped up the hole in the wall that they were flooding in from. I'm still really confused as to why they chose to attack my bed, I had no food or anything. But anyway, that night I had to sleep on a handy-me-down sheet on my mattress with a super sketchy blanket and a really uncomfortable pillow....oh the joys of serving in a tropical island!!!


I really do love my area and my companion though. She and I are like the same person and it's great! We go running and exercise and we get fat together. I think we've only had to cook like 3 times since I've been here. Everyone gives us food here and it's great!! I think I'll finally get chubby here and I'm so excited!!! 







The amount of food that one member made for the 4 sisters that are in Caguas... the cooker is the size of a small child! Basically, yesterday I was fed a massive amount of delicious food haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment