Monday, August 8, 2016

Hump Day!!

Thursday was my Hump day and to celebrate I got to wait in Doctor's and Dentist's offices all day!! It wasn't all bad because I did run into my trainer while I was in the mission home and I just love her. At the end of the day we found out that I have TMJ dysfunction which has been causing a bunch of random, seemingly unrelated, problems.

Something that really touched me this week was how much of an impact charity can have on people. On Friday I was visiting an investigator who has been having a really hard time and I grabbed her hand and told her that I loved her. She broke down and started crying. She told me that she couldn't remember the last time someone had told her that they loved her. It really touched me what an impact 3 little words can have on a person.


I love the people here and I'm really sad that I only have 9 months left with them!! I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you remember to say "I love you" more often!!

Here is an email that Hermana Larsen received from a friend that returned from serving in her mission in January:

Hola Mija!!

I want to share with you an experience that has happened to my mom the other week and I bet your probably just like why is she about to tell me this..

You will know why in just a few minutes

So my mom and dad took some family friends out to dinner and when my mom went to go pay, she pulled our her debit card to pay, the restaurant only excepted cash and checks! my mom was so furious and she left her check book at home...As my mom was trying to think of ways to come up with cash in her purse, and old man behind her politely said I will pay for it..The awesome Man payed. My mom decided to get the mans information so that she can be able to send him a money to pay him back, so when my mom was going so, the man called my mom and said thank you, and that he didn't think she would really pay him back.  Then they started to get to know each other. My mom mentioned me and that i served a mission and the nice man said where did she serve, and my mom said PUERTO RICO...my mom told me that over the phone he heard the nice man had a change of tone in his voice as if he was trying to hold back on something, and he asked when did i return and my mom said in January, and the man said My grand daughter is serving there right now she left in november, and so your gramps called out to your grandma and told her about it!!  

hermana Larsen! the world is getting smaller! and i just bursted out in tears when my mom told me the story and had told me his granddaughter is hermana larsen! i told my mom i was there when you started your mission! I miss you and i am forever grateful for you and your family!! always looking out for us. haha 







No comments:

Post a Comment